Saturday 31 May 2008

Me, Media Darling

So the BBC News 24 piece today appeared a little after 5:15, with me, Margo and Daniel Rivkin (giving the general party perspective). As soon as we got off the set we were stopped by a producer from BBC World, which broadcasts globally, asking us to come back and do the same thing tonight at 9:00 PM. So basically, most of my Saturday consisted of travelling to BBC Television Centre, travelling to Islington (to meet my husband for dinner) and then travelling back again.

It was fun, though, and I felt I achieved my main goals which were 1) Not say anything completely stupid and 2) bring the discussion around to the importance of getting every American to vote in November.

Which reminds me, it's time for your regular nagging session: if you haven't already done so, go to www.votefromabroad.org. I shall be very put out with you if you are merely reading this and nodding your head without actually being prepared to vote. Already registered? Hurray for you! Now go find another American and register them. No rest for the righteous.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about the TV experience (yes, we got make up. Yes, we saw famous people - Andrew Lloyd Webber in the hallway for one. He's short.), just post them in comments.

More on the Rules and Bylaws Committee tomorrow, but it looks like we've got a reasonable compromise in the works in Florida, involving seating the full delegation at half votes. Michigan remains something of a pickle.

No comments: