Wednesday 28 May 2008

Pick Your Veep

The Obama campaign is not officially commenting on the subject of a possible Vice Presidential pick, out of respect for Hillary's ongoing campaign.

While I, too, wish to respect the primary process until the very last voter has voted - there's nothing to stop us from a Irresponsibly Speculating. I mean come on, without irresponsible speculation we couldn't HAVE a 24 hour cable new media. And what a tragedy that would be (sarcasm alert).

So here's a by-no-means definitive list of potential Obama Vice Presidential candidates - what are your thoughts? Please write into comments with your best arguments in FAVOR of any of these people. Note, however, that I am moderating the comments and I don't want to see anything that insults any member of our party (you know what I mean) - I want to hear your best case argument for why any one or more of the people below would make a great VP, either from a political, symbolic or policy point of view.

In no particular order:
  • Kathleen Sebelius
  • Jim Webb
  • Ed Rendell
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Tim Kaine
  • Claire McCaskill
  • Tom Daschle
  • John Edwards
  • Chris Dodd
  • Joe Biden
  • Wesley Clark
  • Janet Napolitano
  • Bill Richardson
  • and (just for fun)... Mike Bloomberg

2 comments:

Adam said...

Well shucks, I would love to see Edwards in there as Veep, especially as his policies pushed both Obama and Clinton towards the "what qualifies for the left" early on as they adopted his stuff.

But, I heard that he wasn't interested in serving as veep, which would be disappointing.

No one else on the list really jumps out at me as an exciting veep, but then again, they usually aren't. Al Gore?

The deep sleeper dark horse candidate: Ralph. but the odds of that are astronomical.

Obama London said...

D'oh! I should definitely have included Edwards as a possibility. I do wonder, though if the Obama campaign wouldn't be a bit superstitious about choosing Kerry's unsuccessful Veep candidate.