Thursday 21 August 2008

My Life is So Much Easier Than John McCain's...



Poor John seems to be having trouble remembering how many houses he owns. Me, I've got it easy - just one. And fortunately for me, like many Americans back home, my house is worth a little less now than it used to be. And as an added bonus, I get to pay higher interests rates now than I used to, because it is harder to get credit.

Which means if anyone asks me how much my house cost, how much it's worth, what interest rates I'm paying, how long I had to save to earn the deposit to buy my house in the first place - it's really fresh in my mind. Which is nice for me.

Because I don't have to face the embarrassment of figuring out whether to count the six houses on one of my estates separately, or as one home. Like John McCain does. Nor do I need to consider whether the $700,000 condo I bought for my daughter counts as a family home or not. Or whether the 2 separate properties that I bought and combined into one big one should be valued separately or at their combined cost: $4.7 Million. Like John McCain does.

But what does Barack think?

No comments: