But don't take my word for it - go yourself to www.whitehouse.gov/omb/ and have a look through the proposals. There's a lot there to get excited about. So please:
1) Learn more about the budget.
2) Share this information - feel free to forward my list, or start lists of your own. Send it to your friends and family, especially to those who have doubts about the President's agenda.
3) Call your member of Congress and/or Senator and let them know why the President's budget gives you hope. Ask them to vote for it and if they are already voting for it, ask them to work hard for it.
Here's my list one more time:
10) 1.3 Billion for rural broadband. US is way behind in broadband takeup, which creates jobs.
9) Improved funding for mental illness treatment in the military. People are hurting in all kinds of ways.
8) College Completion Incentive Fund. Nearly half of students don't graduate, but they still have the debt.
7) Energy innovation for housing. Reduced bills, a reinvigorated economy and a cleaner environment!
5) More FBI agents to target financial fraud. Let's invest to prosecute and deter the current crime wave.
4) Home Nurses Visitation Program. Proven to prevent abuse & create better futures for the poorest infants.
3) Protecting Wildlife from Climate Change. A third of Great Lakes birds could be extinct without our help.
2) Health Information Technology. Pay less, get more, save lives. Win win win.
1) More diplomats = peace, prosperity.