Thursday 2 April 2009

Michelle Knocks 'Em Dead at Islington School



Mrs Obama was close to tears as she addressed the excited crowd at the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School in Islington, north London.

She told them: "We are counting on every single one of you to be the best that you can be."

Mrs Obama is in the UK with husband Barack for the G20 summit.

Her visit to the North London school was greeted with much excitement by pupils and she sat smiling, riveted, as Year 11 pupil Grace Hollowell and the school's junior choir performed the Whitney Houston hit Believe.

3 comments:

Black Women in Europe said...

Thanks for sharing this video! I will be sure to post it on the EuroBamaBlog as well.

You guys are getting an award today! I hope you have a chance to pick it up:

http://blog.blackwomenineurope.com/2009/04/03/yipee-i-won-a-lemonade-stand-award-and-now-i-get-to-share/

jill said...

If she was close to tears, I was in floods of them, watching this! She is so fabulous. Thanks for putting this up, I hadn't seen it.

hotels in Islington said...

Great video. Things like this reminds me why Obama was chosen for a President. His family is really unique. I believe they are a good example not only for the American nation but for the whole world. Actually I watched one of the episodes of The Simpsons which was with Michelle Obama. Now I understand why she went in the Lisa's school.